Friday, July 07, 2006

CHARACTERS IN SEARCH OF A PLOT



These drawings can be traced back to a fairly uncharacteristic Frazetta painting, done in the 70's to promote the original Battlestar Galactica. In it a bunch of women pilots are running to their ships to fend off a Cylon raid, or possibly just sabotage it by hauling around their prodigious booties, which could even cause a robot to forget to aim. Ever since then I've been drawing doodles of girls in big chunky boots.

Lately I've had some jobs that require me to research fashion mags and other girly stuff, and it's actually got me interested in the way that clothes hang on the figure. It's giving me a new way of thinking about my comic booky stuff, trying to apply some couture ideas and sort of militarize it. Maybe someday I'll get a comic book out of this, you never know...

No comments: