Sunday, June 10, 2007

Macbeth

A test page for a proposed adaptation of "Macbeth" that I want to do. This is a scene in Act 1 where Macbeth finds out that he's getting a promotion because another guy has been convicted of treason.

This project is something that's been in my head and my notebooks since about college. Modern dress, super dark, super political. I'm hoping to keep posting these steadily, since a lot of the book is blocked out in my head. I'm thinking of this as more of a comp or mockup than a finished page. I can do these pretty fast in my spare time, so I figure I could get through a good chunk of the book this way and at least have something to show to a publisher.


















*****

Cute Edie story for the day: We're walking past a strip mall in Kingston, and out of nowhere she drags her mom into Ann Taylor Loft, and won't come out. After 10 minutes of browsing I finally carry her out and she throws a total cow. I mean it could just be a random thing. But she didn't demand to go in Barnes & Nobles, or Sports Authority, or Pottery Barn. She's already displayed more than a passing interest in shoes. Now this little 19-month-old absolutely had to shop in Ann Taylor. How can that impulse be there already in someone so young? I'm going to be so screwed later on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey tofu luver!!! Great stuffs man...Lots of energy in all of'em.Keep'em coming!!!